Monday, October 3, 2022 | 7:12 PM
With three weeks left in WPIAL women volleyball part play, 5 matches are set for Tuesday with at the least a share of first place up for grabs.
• Part 1-4A: Pine-Richland (3-1) visits North Allegheny (4-0) in a match you may hear on HSSN. The Tigers beat the Rams within the first assembly, 3-0.
• Part 1-3A: Plum (6-1) at Hampton (7-0) within the second assembly of the season between the 2. The Talbots gained final month, 3-0.
• Part 2-3A: South Fayette (5-2) at Montour (5-2), whereas Moon (5-2) hosts Oakland Catholic (3-3). The Spartans beat the Lions, 3-1, within the first assembly whereas the Tigers swept the Eagles, 3-0, final month.
• Part 1-2A: Shenango (8-0) at Beaver (6-1). The Wildcats go for the sweep after beating the Bobcats final month, 3-0.
• Part 5-2A: Freeport (8-0) at Deer Lakes (7-1). The Yellowjackets defeated the Lancers final month, 3-0.
Tight on the pitch
Whereas a number of WPIAL boys soccer groups have taken management of their sections with two weeks left within the common season, Part 2-4A has change into a logjam behind first place Peters Township.
The highest 4 groups qualify for the district soccer postseason. Coming into Tuesday’s motion, one recreation separates 4 groups behind the front-running Indians.
On Tuesday, Canon-McMillan visits Higher St. Clair in a key part match. The Massive Macs are 7-3 within the part and tied for second place, one recreation behind the Panthers at 6-4.
Canon-Mac edged USC within the first assembly between the 2, 2-1, on Sept. 8.
Additionally on Tuesday, Norwin (7-3) visits Peters Township (9-1) because the Knights attempt to inch nearer to the highest as an alternative of falling again towards the center of the pack. The Indians gained the primary contest, 3-2.
Lastly, Mt. Lebanon (6-4) is at Hempfield. The Spartans are winless for the season, giving the Blue Devils a great probability to maneuver up within the very tight standings with a win.
One other key match Tuesday has Penn Hills visiting Penn-Trafford in Part 4-3A. The Warriors are 5-4-1, a half-game forward of the Indians at 5-5 in a battle for fourth place within the part.
Working towards part end line
Whereas the 2022 WPIAL cross nation championships are over three weeks away on Oct. 27, many district groups will conclude their part schedules Tuesday.
The league will prolong the part schedule for these colleges that haven’t completed. The deadline is Friday, Oct. 14.
The WPIAL will award plaques to the champions of every part. There are six sections in Division I and 5 sections in Division II.
On the championships at Cal (Pa.), there shall be a complete of six championship races — three boys (3A, 2A and A) and three women (3A, 2A and A).