GOOD NEWS! For the benefit of people who find themselves making an attempt to cancel the practice tickets booked by way of Railways ticket reserving counters, the IRCTC has launched a facility of counter ticket cancellation on IRCTC e-ticketing website–irctc.co.in.
With the IRCTC’s new cancellation service, passengers can cancel the practice tickets booked by way of designated ticket counters, reservations workplaces, and different reserving centres of Indian Railways.
For cancelling the practice tickets booked by way of railway counters, the cell variety of the passenger must be identical as given on the time of reserving the tickets on the counters.
IRCTC counter ticket cancellation guidelines
1. The cancellation of practice tickets and refund can be allowed for PRS counter tickets in regular circumstances solely and never in case of late working of trains/cancellation of the practice and many others.
2. Customers will have the ability to cancel the practice tickets solely as much as 4 hours earlier than the scheduled departure of the practice if the ticket is confirmed.
3. The e-ticketing cancellation from IRCTC web site is permitted solely as much as half-hour earlier than the scheduled departure of the practice if the ticket is RAC/waitlist.
4. All of the privilege/responsibility go/PTOs/complimentary go practice tickets could also be allowed to be cancelled by way of the IRCTC web site.
5. In accordance with IRCTC, Within the case of practice go, zero refund is permissible, nevertheless, for the validity of the go for recent reserving the passenger shall method the counter to get the go re-validated by marking the identical cancelled towards the sooner booked tickets as per prescribed rule.
6. As soon as the passenger avails full cancellation of PNR of the practice tickets by way of IRCTC web site, the PNR can be marked as cancelled however not refunded within the system.
7. The seat/berth can be launched and the relevant refund quantity due can be exhibited to the passenger on the IRCTC web site.