On March 4, Rockstar Video games revealed some intriguing new particulars concerning the upcoming PlayStation 5 and Xbox Collection X|S variations of Grand Theft Auto 5 and Grand Theft Auto On-line. Each video games shall be getting three new graphical modes, and Rockstar’s making it simpler than ever to get began in GTAO with the rollout of Profession Builder mode for brand new options.
For longtime GTA 5 followers, probably the most interesting new additions on provide right here is the potential for migrating your earlier save information throughout console platforms. At a time when remakes, remasters, and ports of all types are extra frequent than ever, it’s an enormously handy characteristic extra builders must make accessible to gamers.
The PS5 and Collection S|X variations of GTA 5 aren’t remasters or remakes, however they may purpose to deliver gamers a high-end PC expertise on console, with as much as 4K decision, a body charge of as much as 60 frames per second, improved texture high quality, HDR choices, ray tracing, and decreased load instances. Right here’s what you’ll be able to anticipate from every of the three graphics settings:
- Constancy Mode is tuned for the best visible high quality and targets 30 FPS. On this mode, the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Collection X assist native 4K decision and ray tracing. (The Collection S helps upscaled 4K decision.)
- Efficiency Mode is aimed for essentially the most responsive gameplay expertise and targets 60 FPS. On this mode, the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Collection X assist upscaled 4K decision, and Xbox Collection S helps 1080p.
- Efficiency RT mode is a hybrid of Constancy and Efficiency. It helps upscaled 4K decision, ray tracing, and targets 60 FPS. This mode is unique to PlayStation 5 and Collection X.
Should you’ve cleared the GTA 5 Story Mode previously, and need to expertise the sport once more with out completely ranging from scratch — properly, you don’t must! Beginning immediately, you’ll be able to add your save to Rockstar Video games Social Membership and switch it to your new console, so it’s able to go for the March 15 launch.
Meaning even if you happen to performed on Xbox One and now you need to take GTA 5 for a spin on PS5, your save will switch over. It’s a considerate high quality of life enhancement that will be good to see from extra video games sooner or later.
Right here’s the way it works:
- Enter GTA 5 in your present console account and go to the Sport tab of the Pause Menu.
- Choose the Add Save Sport choice.
- You may solely retailer one recreation save per platform at a time.
- Saves will stay accessible to obtain for 90 days.
Gamers with a Rockstar Video games Social Membership account may also be capable to migrate their GTAO progress to PS5 or Xbox Collection X|S on March 15. There’s one caveat to remember, although — bought GTA$ can solely be transferred between platforms of the identical household. All earned GTA$ will switch no matter platform. So that you would possibly need to spend your bought GTA$ earlier than migrating.
There are extra perks to entice On-line gamers, too. Beginning March 15, there’s a brand new addition to the Los Santos Automotive Meet —Hao’s Particular Works. Gamers can anticipate new top-tier automobile upgrades, new races, and uniquely modded automobiles.
Catching up with an internet recreation after eight years can really feel a bit daunting, however GTAO is making simpler for new-gen gamers with the addition of a Profession Builder mode for newcomers. Higher nonetheless, you’ll begin off with a cool GTA$4,000,000 windfall to spend nevertheless you want.
GTA On-line may also be accessible as a standalone title for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Collection X|S. PS 5 gamers will be capable to obtain GTAO free of charge between now and June 15, 2022. You will get the complete rundown of what’s new by way of the March 4 Rockstar Newswire publish.
GTA 5 and GTA On-line come to PS5 and Collection X|S March 15, 2022.